Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Uhm... I think I have to try something different..

So, I have exactly 12 more days to the big Lock up!  I have been walking around with this unruly Afro, that I can't seem to figure out how to style.


(SEE WHAT I MEAN?!?!?!) 

My hair is not listening to me... I tried to do the twists, but I can't figure out how to do them so that they are full, and I end up looking like a kid with plaits.  I am a professional that works with people, not in an isolated cubicle behind the desk.  I have been placing on my accessories and make up and walking around with confidence with this afro, but it's all been a front.  My hair starts off decent when it's wet, but fast forward to drying time, and uhm.... all unruly...

Sooo, I think it is time for a wig....  I do not want to alter my hair too much before the big day, so a press is out of the question.  But I can braid it up and put a wig on since I still have to function in public... WOW!!  This will be interesting, because I am really not a wig wearer.... Wish me luck...  I hope I find a decent one...  :-/

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! your blog runs so close to home it's almost as if I'm reading about myself!!! From family (except I have just one, a daughter), to my hair, weight constantly watching blogs! Just everything! I am not sisterlocked yet, but I will be soon!You know how we are, we as women always take one for the team (family first!) My daughter has an appointment first, then I will make mine. I have three beautiful cousins who are locked! 13, 16 and their mom, all have been locked for over 12+ years. I teach middle school and you know how tweens are they watch every little style, hair, new pair of shoes or anything you rock! But I'm looking forward to this transition but I know it will be hard in the beginning! Keep blogging so I may see your wonderful transitions! Angie

    ReplyDelete