Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Installation Eve...

Well, well, well... Tomorrow is the BIG DAY that I have been waiting for.  It's crazy that something that is so small to some people (a hairstyle) is a very big thing to me.  Tomorrow will begin a totally new look for me.  I mean, 10 years ago, I don't knowif I would have imagined walking around without straight hair.  And to think, just 3 months ago, I was proudly sporting 22 inches of Indian Hair that flowed down my back bone straight.  I remember as my weave started to get a little old about 4 weeks later, I looked in the mirror and thought, "This is getting old, I need to be more comfortable with my hair".  That was when I knew I was ready.  Fast forward to 7/12/2011, and it is the night before... Well actually, it is after 12am, so I can technically say I TODAY is the BIG DAY!

So, I have received the confirmation text from my Loktician and was advised to get rest (I should be sleep now, but needed to do this blog to keep it raw), pack a lunch, and bring movies.  My thought was Deeeeeeeee!!!!!  I will be there ALL DAY LONG!  I have never been advised to take a lunch and a movie to a hair appt (although I can think of multiple instances when I should have).

 But overall I am very excited!  A little anxiety about how it will look.  My research of newly installed looks has revealed to some that were cute from the jump and some that GREW to be cute...  Also, I have some anxiety about how my husband (and sons) will feel about the newly installed locks.  It's no secret that he loved that straight hair, 22 inch with a swoop bang and loose curls flowing.  And although I know he will adjust, I want to continue to be attractive to him... Sounds shallow, but eh... it is what it is...  But I can't wait!!

So, anyhow, I have prepared my hair for the big day!  I was gonna color it, but didn't want 2 drastic changes in my look since I have never dyed my hair fully before.  So I did a hairdressers no-no and lightened my hair a few days ago.  I just washed my hair about 3 times and plaited my hair for tomorrow.

Here are the pictures.. Warning - They are busted... but eh...   Don't Judge Me!!



NO PRODUCT on the hair.  That means a Shampoo Only... Not even conditioner...

Time to plait it up.  


No conditioner.  Just my hair after a shampoo plaited up. 
It is what it is...


I don't know if this look like Celie or OG Deabo...  Either way, it's a mess... LOL

 Tomorrow is a new day and big day for my journey.  I will try and take as many pictures as possible without slowing down the flow of things.  I will be having 2 consultants work in my hair tomorrow.  Lord knows how long it will take from start to finish, but I am hoping that they can knock it out in one sitting.  I have movies packed, 2 books, 1 magazine, a lunch, and my iPhone... I think I have enough entertainment to last (I know... I have over-packed).  

Good night and God Bless!


Choklett

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your installation! I remember when I had mine installed and I have never looked back. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you NaTruly Me! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete