Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 3... Not quite sure what to do

**  This was written a couple of days ago**

On the night of day 1, I texted my locktician to ask how do I go to bed.  Bantu, braid, twist, or just cover and go.  She said C & G.  I wrapped in a satin bonnet and went to bed.  Woke up to some funky look, with frizzy ends.  My hair was looking slightly crazy, like fine wires with this curly stuff on the ends.  [Luckily, my intense research of other people's blog had me prepared for my hair to have days that look a mess.  :-)]

  



So far, what I like least about my hair is the thinness.  The scalp doesn't bother me as bad as I thought it would, but the pencil-lead thin lock does.  I can't wait until they thicken up. And what is crazy is how light they are.  I thought I would have hands in lock-itis.  I love the way they feel, but they r so fragile right now, I am afraid to touch them for fear that I may unravel them.  Especially around the edges.

So last night I decided to 2 strand twist them, to hopefully get a loose wave going on and show off the little length that I have.  I liked them, but wasn't in love yet because I had this weird frizzy thing going on with my ends...  See what I mean...

So I spoke to my Locktician about my frizzy ends.  She recommended to spritz the ends with the water/tea tree oil mixture that I got from her and roll the ends.  We well see the end results..

Side note:: My husband told me to leave them alone so I wont mess them up, Well actually his words were, "Did she say you can do that?" (He's so cute)  But this is how they came out....


Oh well, everyday is something new.  I will be a pro soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand what you are going through. I went through the thin look/feel for a minute but believe me, it will go away. mines went away after the first wash. (actually that thin feeling always go away with the first wash after every retightening.)

    I still got that frizzy thing going on. I don't know exactly when that will go away, I'm hoping when all of my locs seriously start to bud.

    BUT ANYWAYS, Congrats, again. And congrats, your locs are almost a week old! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I use to be right in your shoes. I am digging them Esh. It's very true. It is a process, so embrace it. Patience will be your friend. Although my locs are different from yours, I was the same exact way when I started as far as documenting and curious about the process. After a while you will just flow with it and not be so worried about the thinness or frizz.

    Forgot to mention this because I stopped documenting my journey. I did it too lol. Keep pushing and hang in there girl.
    http://public.fotki.com/ladiistaci/

    Your Sis/Fam for ATL
    -Stace

    ReplyDelete