Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Well I did it!!

After more research last night, and speaking to my good friend and cousins that were already rocking the beautiful sisterlocks, I did it!  I called Ms. Imani to schedule my installation date!  July 13th, in exactly 17 days, my Sisterlocks will be born!  I am sooo excited! I would be lying if I didn't state my nervousness about how my "baby locks" will look.... But when I think of the potential of my hair, and more importantly, the freedom that this new hairdo will give me, I am ecstatic.  It is funny that I am interested to see what my 3 year old, that loves to declare how beautiful I am when I come from the hair salon with my long weaves, will say when Mommy is locked.... And although I know my hubbz and sons are 100% supportive of my decision, I am slightly worried about what they will think.  But at the end of the day, I am sure that they will love them as long as I love them  I am glad to be able to teach my sons that beauty does not come in the form of European standards....  That we are very beautiful in our natural state.  Now don't get me wrong, I am not a straight-hair basher.  I believe that everyone should chose what is best for her.  But at the end of the day, I believe this is the best decision for me.  

I will get some pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment