Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Monday, June 27, 2011

AFrooooo

So I am wearing a twist out fro.  I had a little bit of fun with my hair today and I am continuing to get more and more comfortable with my afro.  But, it is just as much work as a straightened wrap.  I gotta twist the hair, then curl the ends, then let it sit, then pick the twists and make sure that the strands are doing what they are supposed to do.  (I am a little anal about my hair sometimes).  I am looking forward to my SLs... They are more of a "style" to me than the 'Fro.  Unless I pin my hair or put a headband or barrett/clip in my hair, I don't feel like my hair is combed.  And my hubbz don't make it better as he looks at me with a facial expression of "ooohhh-kay... but I love you (smile)".  I should have taken a picture of my hair today... Maybe tomorrow.  It will be interesting because I will be going back to work tomorrow (been on vacation) and it will be on my 2nd day on my new per diem job in the nursing home.  This means that I float around to sites that need me to provide therapy... (I am a Speech Language Pathologist - but pay no mind to my grammar on the blogs....  I am a product of text talk when I am not in my professional mode)  This also means that I don't truly have rapport with the patients or staff because I am always floating around....Well anyway, I find that the elderly patients have no trouble with speaking their mind (I usually work with children).  It will be interesting to hear what they have to say, if anything...  I will try to remember to take a picture tomorrow and add it to show my look.

No comments:

Post a Comment