Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Monday, June 27, 2011

I forgot...

So today, I was doing my normal Sisterlocks blog look up and ran across www.lovemylocks.blogspot.com.  I thoroughly enjoyed skimming through some of Ms. Maryee's blogs and pictures.  I was even MORE excited when I saw that her SLs were installed in 2003 by none other than Ms. Imani Nash-Bey!  She spoke highly of Ms. Imani and her professionalism during the installation of the locks. Now Ms. Maryee is a serious blogger and has done a great job of recording her journey with SLs. It was great to see the transitions and the changes that her hair has made.  Her blog gave me an even greater boost of confidence and level of comfort with the decision that I made to get locked, as well as it made feel good about my decision to go to Ms. Imani.

I was pleasantly surprised when my Mom (who stays pressed up, doesn't wear braids, and the closest look that she wears to natural hair is a "curly weave" in the summer) saw my tester locks and said that she liked them and that they will be cute!

I am so thankful for all of the support and encouragement that I am receiving (either directly or indirectly) as I am making this journey with my hair....

I am a little concerned about the hubbz tho.  He is being such a trooper and so supportive during this whole process.  He LOVES my hair straightened and with added length.  I know that when I get locked up, then I will have to style them (I can't wait to play with them once they mature) and keep them looking nice.  His feelings are just as important in this journey as mine are....  But deep down in my heart, I know he will be fine....

Well goodbye for now...  in 4 minutes, I will join the Sisterhood in 15 days...

1 comment: