Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Monday, June 27, 2011

My Hair Journey...

I haven't gotten my locks installed yet.  So, I have decided that I will upload a few pictures of my BEFORE I get locked...  You will see my journey...

Enjoy... (They are not in any specific order)


My 34th birthday 4/17/11
22 inch Virgin "INDIAN" hair.... Not MY hair :-) 
(Wonder how long it will take for my SL to grow this long...)
Sat at the hair shop for about 7 hours!  Between hair and stylist, spent about $450



Kinky Twist & my Avatar eye shadow
I did this myself, so I only had to but the hair.. But it took me FOREVER :-) 


My hair is pressed.. No extensions
Sat at hair shop about 3-4 hours... Roots sweated in about 2 days... So I began to flat iron to "touch-up" until I decided to go back into the weave, the next week... I know I did some damage, but it wasn't too bad.


My Afro... I am learning to be comfortable with my kinky hair.
Crazy how I thought my hair was SOO nappy when I was growing up and I NEEDED a perm! 
I have such beautifully kinky/coily hair... 
Since I don't know how to style my natural hair too much, then this is my go to style when it's not in a weave/ press/ or braids. I use conditioner and curly creme and sometimes I will do a twist out for this look.


There is my weave again... She was my friend!
But I chose this picture because I LOVE my Shirt!  I am beautiful... Flaws and all!  

Crazy how I have not had a relaxer in nearly 4 years and consider my hair to be in its natural state, but due to the many extensions that I have worn, I hardly know how to manage it.. Outside of my afro or twist out..


My final picture is my TESTER LOCKS!!! YAY!!
At first I was a little unnerved about how thin they were... But after speaking to some veterans (s/o to Tiff, Lakieta, & Alisia) and remembering WHY I have chosen this journey, I fell in love with them!!! 

I can't wait!! In a little over 2 weeks, my whole head will be complete!! 

Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment