Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sisterlocks... The Decision

So, I have thought about how badly I want Sisterlocks.  The idea of its permanence does not scare me not one bit.  The idea that I will have a low maintenance hairdo that will give me the freedom to get ready for work in less time, not to mention swim and exercise without having to worry about my hair, plus give me the option to curl, crinkle, updo, twist, braid, etc. as I want makes me so excited!  The idea that MY hair can grow to 22 inches if I let it excites me!  The idea that I wont have to feel like a hostage to my hair also excites me.
I have read numerous blogs, and watched hours of you tube videos.  I have discussed this so much with my Mom, Sisters, Relatives, Friends, my Sons, and my Husband.  At this point, my hubby is tired of hearing about them and looking at pictures of them.  He has been very polite, but his patience is running thin. So I took the first step towards my locks....  I went to my initial consultation meeting.  HairStory Natural Hair Salon in Rancho Cucamonga was the place that I chose by word of mouth.  Imani was very informative and gave me a lot of information on Sisterlocks. She made feel very comfortable with my decistion and she placed some tester locks in.   So it comes out that my hair is a smoother texture and my tester locks are SUPER TINY.  And although she did a great job at explaining that my hair would get plump to the size of the part, I just can't imagine how my head would look with these tiny locks in my hair.  I know that many people say that "I am not my hair", but I am my hair!  My mood is often determined how my hair is.  If my hair is looking crazy, I am a little less outgoing.  But when my hair is looking good, than I am feeling good!!  So, at this point, I am thinking about how my hair is going to look!  I didn't schedule my installation today, because I need to feel 100% comfortable with my decision.
I spoke to my cousin and did a bit more research with the blogs and you tubes, which helped to ease my concerns a lot.  I decided to start this blog to help me with my journey, as well as help any other ladies that are thinking about wearing Sisterlocks.  I find that this journey is a movement into a sisterhood that would be supportive and helpful with the care and maintenance of locks.
So, I am back on.  After reading and discussing and thinking, I feel like IF the only thing stopping me is the fear of what my locks will look like in the first weeks after installation, than I should do it.  I cant crawl before I walk.  I must hit point A to get to point B, right?  There is no short cut in this journey.  Since I desire the end result, I must start at the beginning.  I have decided that I will be calling Imani to schedule my installation appointment.  I am very excited with my decision, and I can't wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment