Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My hair is perfect for working out.... Right??

I am uber excited! I am on week 2 of my workout challenge! My goal is to workout a minimu of 45 minutes for 4 days per week. I am on week two, and have been consistent with my goal... I actually have been getting in 1 hour. I want this to be a part of my weekly routine. I want to lose the extra weight, as well as be healthy and fit overall. Thankfully my SLs are allowing me to meet my goal since I can't use the hair excuse as a reason for Not working out.

Now, I do have 2 dilemmas... I sweat alot... Yeah. I'm not proud of it, but there is nothing I can do about it. I workout in the evening when it's cooler, but I still sweat...

1. So my first dilemma is that my SLs are slipping and I have few that appear to be unraveling. I just got a re-ti a little over a week ago, but you can't tell.

2. I really want to wash my hair... My Locktician told me to limit the washes to 1 - 2 times between my re-TI to reduce my slippage. My hair is already slipping because of the sweat. I am afraid that the extra water, from washing, will cause more slippage or unraveling. :-/

Here is a picture after my workout...
This is a HOT day, after a 2.5 mile brisk walk/jog...


And this is what my hair looks like after it dries.....

My hair shrinks and the curly q's are curly... Well except for my top that is straight...


See my edges, no definition...  This is 1 1/2 weeks after my 1st re-tight....




So I have scheduled an appointment with my wonderful Locktician for Sunday... And hopefully she can give me some ideas on how to manage my hair better while working out, a simple rinse in between washes, and she can fix the unraveled locks...

I'll update ya soon...
Be Blessed!

5 comments:

  1. I have had and still sometimes have the same dilemma. It's going to happen and it's common.

    I was told by my loctician that it will be a while before slippage becomes a minimum due to growth of the locs---length and developmental wise.

    Just be patient. I had a slippage this time and my loctician said it is mainly because I work outside in the heat under a helmet. So, you know I'm sweating all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this is crazy! LOL! I have lost a few locks... I am going to my Locktician tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Choklett!

    I'm just now reading your message you left me on fotki. Thank you for your kind words! Your locks are beautiful!!! Welcome to the family and tell Imani, my sweet sis I said hi!!!

    Blessings,

    Maryee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maryee! I will tell Imani you said Hi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Just came across your blog and am perusing through. When I work out, I put my hair in two pony-tails, or pin it up some how. I also became concerned about unravelling locks (and 11 months into the journey, I am still concerned about it). Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete