Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wedding update...

Hey guys!  Sorry that it has been a minute since I have blogged.  Been pretty busy lately....
So I am on week 3 of my SLs and I am still in love!  Last weekend was my Sister's wedding.  Everything was so beautiful.  One thing that I have had such anxiety about was my hair.  For a minute or two before the wedding I started freaking out and regretting getting my SLs before the wedding.  BUT thank you to the different Blogs, my FB group page (Sisterlocked and Lovin' It), and google image searches that I used as inspiration to figure out how I would style my hair.  My mild regrets were turned around and I decided to do a curly look.  I tried perm-rods and sponge rollers to see what I would come up with.  Although I love the look of the pipe cleaners, I opted not to due to my short hair and my fear that the pipe cleaners would make it shorter due to the tight curls.  (Yes, I have issues with length and can't wait for my hair to grow.)  I was gonna do a pin-up, but changed my mind because I lost a couple of locs in the back of my hair (slippage or unraveled) and I did not like the way that section looked.  Soooo, I ended liking my curls with the jumbo sponge rollers.  Here is a picture....



I will say that I loved the way that it came out.  And I got quite a few compliments on my hair  :o)

Another thing that was a first and made me feel like I was #Winning! was the fact that for the first time in my life, I went to a formal event that required a my hair to be RIGHT and I was not wasting away at a hair salon for 4+ hours before!!!  Woohoo!!!  I think it took my less than 1.5 hours to create the look... Approximately 45mins to roll it (I spritzed each section with my Tea Tree Oil/ Water mixture before rolling it) the night before.  And about 30-45 minutes to figure out a style before I decided which one I wanted.  I added a few bobby pins with rhinestones) on them along the top to add a little pizzazz to the style.  It was great!!

I soooo love my Locks!  I go to get my first retightening on Saturday,  I am nervous and excited all at the same time.  I will B/B my hair this weekend fo 
 I am out of here.....

2 comments:

  1. It came out really well!!! Enjoy every stage because even now I'm starting to miss my curly tips now that my sisterlocks are maturing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kreyola! Your blog was one of the blogs I used as inspiration. Your Step-by-Steps are very helpful! Keep them coming. :-). Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete