Welcome to Choklett's Blog

Welcome to Choklett's Blog
Love the life you live, and live the life you love.

Monday, August 15, 2011

1 Month Old - How do I feel?

So 2 days ago was my official 1 month anniversary...  My journey is official!  Just like anything that alters you, you really see how you feel about it in the first month...  My feelings toward my hair....

First the negatives:
1.  I have this section at the top of my hair that has very straight ends. (Not from a perm, but from constantly flat ironing my hair that left out of my weaves.)  Now the rest of my hair fails into the curly ends, but this sections just falls...  So that is kinda annoying because it doesn't have a uniform look to it...  I like messy hair, so I don't mean perfect, but just uniform with the ends...
2.  I am also feeling a certain way about my length...  I know it will take time to grow, but just not very used to short hair.  When I got my first Re-Tighten last week, it appeared that my hair had a very slight growth.  It was very little, but I, and my hubby and sons noticed it.. (YAY!!)
3.  Styling...  I am not the best at it yet.  I am trying different things, I end up with the headband look or just pushed back...  I think as my hair thickens and grows, along with my experience, I will be more diverse with my styling.

Now the Positives:
1  I absolutely love rubbing my hands in my hair...  I don't think that I have H.I.L (Hands in Locks) syndrome because it's not ALL day, but I love the way it feels.
2.  I am a sweater... so I love the fact that wen I sweat, it does not change the outcome of my hair.  After a workout, my tight curls have loosened, but that's ok
3.  I enjoy watching it do it's thang...  My curly q ends are just doing what they want, and its cute to watch.
4.  I love playing in it...  I am looking for more accessories to attach... I have never been a flower in hair, or even a big headband wearer... But now, I am looking at new things....  Still haven't tried the flower in hair, but it's coming soon!!!
5.  I have increased my workouts!  I have a vision of a healthier and lighter me!  Now, without the thought that my sweating will ruin my hair, I can really make my vision come true!
6.  I have cut down my "get ready to go" time...  If I need to spritz, shake, & go... I can!!!
7.  I actually feel more attractive, confident, and sexy.  There is a certain "swagg" that comes along with wearing natural hair for me.  It's easy to conform to society's expectations of what's pretty and feel good about it.  But to go against the straight, curled, or wavy hair and still feel beautiful... I feel empowered.. I know that everyone don't like my new look.. I have had family members tell me... Or sometimes it's what they don't say... (Like the person that always complimented your hair before, but doesn't mention it at all now...)  But it doesn't matter... I love my locks, I love my look, I love ME!!!
8.  Freedom!!!  In my mind, all of the "I can't do ______ (fill in the blank)"  because of my hair have been let go!  That was the most important thing and weighed heavily on my reason for locking my hair.

So as you see, my POSITIVES outweigh my NEGATIVES...

Back to the original question... How do I feel about my Sisterlocks?

I LOVE THEM!!!!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment